Christmas morning is one of the most special days of the year, and it’s essential to start it off with a delicious breakfast. If you’re looking for an easy and tasty recipe to make on this day, look no further than French toast. This classic breakfast dish is perfect for Christmas morning, and it’s easy to make variations like overnight French toast or Christmas morning French toast casserole.
Table of Contents
French Toast Recipe
To make French toast, you’ll need bread, eggs, milk, and some spices like cinnamon and vanilla. Begin by whisking the eggs and milk in a bowl and adding your desired spices. Dip the bread into the egg mixture and fry it in a pan until golden brown on both sides. Serve with maple syrup, butter, or fruit for a tasty breakfast.
READ ALSO: Easiest Cinnamon Rolls Ever: Step-by-Step Recipe for Fluffy Delight
Overnight French Toast
If you want to make breakfast in advance, overnight French toast is a great option. To make it, you’ll need to prepare the French toast as usual, but instead of frying it in a pan, place it in a baking dish and cover it with foil. Refrigerate overnight, and in the morning, bake it in the oven for 30 minutes. You’ll have a delicious and easy breakfast without much effort.
READ ALSO: Christmas Morning French Toast: The Perfect Holiday Breakfast Recipe
Healthy Overnight French Toast
If you want a healthier version of overnight French toast, you can use whole-grain bread and substitute some of the eggs with egg whites. You can also use almond milk instead of regular milk and add some fruit for natural sweetness.
Christmas Morning French Toast Casserole
If you want to make a festive and impressive breakfast on Christmas morning, try making a French toast casserole. This dish is easy to make and can feed a crowd. You can prepare it the night before and bake it in the morning for an easy and stress-free breakfast. Here are some variations you can try:
- Christmas morning French toast casserole with cinnamon rolls: This recipe includes cinnamon rolls for an extra festive touch.
- Christmas morning French toast bake: This recipe includes berries and cream cheese for a delicious twist.
- Christmas morning French toast casserole recipes: There are many variations of this recipe, including ones with pecans, apples, or pumpkins.
- Christmas morning French toast casserole nurse frugal: This recipe is budget-friendly and uses basic ingredients.
- Overnight Christmas morning French toast magnolia: This recipe uses Magnolia Bakery’s famous bread pudding recipe for a decadent breakfast.
- Make-ahead Christmas morning French toast casserole: This recipe can be prepared up to two days in advance for maximum convenience.
- Best Christmas morning French toast casserole: This recipe uses croissants for a flaky and buttery texture.
- Easy Christmas morning French toast casserole: This recipe is simple to make and uses basic ingredients.
READ ALSO: 3 Delicious Gluten-Free Lasagna Recipes
Overnight French Toast for 2
If you’re only cooking for two people, you can adjust the recipe for overnight French toast accordingly. Use two slices of bread, one egg, and 1/4 cup of milk. Follow the same instructions as the regular recipe and refrigerate overnight.
Best Overnight French Toast
The best overnight French toast has a custardy texture and a crispy exterior. To achieve this, use thick slices of bread and soak them in the egg mixture for at least 30 minutes before refrigerating overnight. You can also add a bit of cornstarch or flour to the egg mixture for extra crispiness.
Recipe for Christmas Morning French Toast Casserole
To make the perfect Christmas morning French toast casserole, follow these steps:
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut a loaf of bread into 1-inch cubes and spread them evenly in the baking dish.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake the French toast casserole for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and set in the center.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, or your favorite toppings.
Make Ahead Christmas Morning French Toast
To make ahead Christmas morning French toast, prepare the French toast casserole the night before, cover it with foil, and refrigerate it. In the morning, all you need to do is preheat the oven and bake the French toast casserole until it’s heated through and golden brown. This is a great option if you want to spend more time with your family on Christmas morning.
In conclusion, Christmas morning French toast is a delicious and easy breakfast dish that can be customized to your liking. Whether you prefer a classic French toast recipe or a festive French toast casserole, there’s a recipe for everyone. Don’t forget to try some of the variations mentioned above, like overnight French toast or healthy French toast, to switch things up. With these recipes, you’ll have a delicious and stress-free breakfast on Christmas morning that everyone will love.
Can I use a different type of bread for my French toast?
Yes, you can use different types of bread for your French toast, such as brioche, challah, or even sourdough. Just make sure the bread is thick enough to hold up to the egg mixture.
Can I make French toast without eggs?
Yes, there are egg-free French toast recipes that use alternatives like mashed bananas, chia seeds, or vegan egg replacers.
How can I make French toast healthier?
You can make French toast healthier by using whole-grain bread, reducing the amount of sugar and butter, and topping it with fresh fruit instead of syrup.
Can I freeze French toast?
Yes, you can freeze French toast. Just let it cool completely, then wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing. To reheat, unwrap and bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
How long does French toast last in the fridge?
French toast can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out.
Can I make French toast casserole ahead of time?
Yes, French toast casserole is perfect for making ahead of time. Just prepare it the night before, cover it with foil, and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it in the morning.
How do I know when my French toast is cooked through?
Your French toast is cooked through when it’s golden brown on both sides and no longer wet in the middle. You can also check the temperature with a thermometer – it should be 160 degrees F.
Can I use almond milk for my French toast?
Yes, you can use almond milk (or any non-dairy milk) for your French toast. Just make sure it’s unsweetened and unflavored.
How do I make a Christmas morning French toast casserole with cinnamon rolls?
To make a Christmas morning French toast casserole with cinnamon rolls, simply replace the bread cubes with cinnamon rolls in the recipe. Cut the cinnamon rolls into pieces and spread them evenly in the baking dish, then pour the egg mixture over them and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, bake as directed.