Table of Contents
Are you looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that is both delicious and healthy? Look no further than this 4 Ingredient Orange Chicken recipe! With just four simple ingredients, you can make a mouthwatering orange chicken dish in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
READ ALSO: Easiest Cinnamon Rolls Ever: Step-by-Step Recipe for Fluffy Delight
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or when you want to prepare a hassle-free meal. Plus, it’s a great alternative to the classic Orange Chicken recipe that requires a long list of ingredients and complicated preparation. So let’s dive in and discover how to make this simple yet flavorful 4 Ingredient Orange Chicken recipe that will surely impress your taste buds and save you time in the kitchen.
READ ALSO: Christmas Morning French Toast: The Perfect Holiday Breakfast Recipe
II. What is Orange Chicken?
Orange Chicken is a dish that originated in China and has now become popular worldwide. It consists of battered or breaded chicken pieces that are fried and then coated with a sweet, tangy, and spicy orange sauce. The sauce is made by mixing orange juice, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and other ingredients to create a thick and flavorful glaze.
Variations of Orange Chicken exist, with different types of sauces and coatings. For example, some recipes use orange marmalade, while others add a touch of honey for extra sweetness. The recipe can also be made with boneless chicken thighs or breasts, depending on the preference of the cook.
III. Why Choose a 4 Ingredient Orange Chicken Recipe?
Traditional Orange Chicken recipes often require a lot of ingredients and can be time-consuming to make. This is where the 4 ingredient recipe comes in handy. By using only four ingredients, it offers a simpler and quicker option for those who want to enjoy the flavors of Orange Chicken without the fuss. Moreover, the 4 ingredient Orange Chicken recipe is a healthier option as it is not fried like the traditional recipe.
READ ALSO: 3 Delicious Gluten-Free Lasagna Recipes
IV. 4 Ingredient Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a bowl, whisk together orange marmalade, soy sauce, and cornstarch until well combined.
- In a slow cooker or Instant Pot, add the chicken pieces and pour the sauce over them.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours in a slow cooker or on high pressure for 10 minutes in an Instant Pot.
- Serve with steamed rice and garnish with green onions, if desired.
- For a crispier texture, you can pan-fry the chicken pieces before adding them to the slow cooker or Instant Pot.
- You can substitute orange juice for orange marmalade for a tangier taste.
- If you prefer a spicier Orange Chicken, add some red pepper flakes or chili sauce to the sauce mixture.
V. Related Recipes
If you want to try more Orange Chicken recipes, here are some related recipes to explore:
- Easy Orange Chicken Recipe (Not Fried): This recipe uses a simple sauce made with orange juice, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar for a healthier and quicker option. It can be made in under 30 minutes and is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
- Orange Chicken with Orange Marmalade and Sweet Baby Rays: This recipe uses a combination of orange marmalade and Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce for a unique and flavorful twist on the classic Orange Chicken.
- H-E-B Orange Chicken Recipe: This recipe uses H-E-B Orange Sauce for a tasty and easy option that can be made in under 30 minutes.
- 3 Ingredient Orange Chicken Recipe: This recipe is an even simpler version of Orange Chicken that uses only three ingredients – orange marmalade, barbecue sauce, and chicken. It can be made in under 20 minutes and is perfect for a quick and easy dinner.
- 5 Ingredient Orange Chicken Recipe: This recipe uses five ingredients – chicken, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, and cornstarch – for a slightly more complex sauce that is still easy to make. It can be made in under 30 minutes and is perfect for a weeknight dinner.
In conclusion, the 4 Ingredient Orange Chicken recipe offers a simpler, healthier, and quicker option for those who want to enjoy the flavors of Orange Chicken without the fuss. This easy recipe requires only four ingredients and can be made in a slow cooker or Instant Pot. By following this recipe, you can enjoy a delicious Orange Chicken dish at home without the need for multiple ingredients or lengthy preparation time. We hope you enjoy trying out this recipe and exploring the related recipes we have shared.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use either chicken thighs or chicken breasts for this recipe. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the cut of meat you choose.
Can I make this recipe on the stovetop?
Yes, you can make this recipe on the stovetop by cooking the chicken and sauce in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Be sure to stir occasionally and cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
Can I use a different type of barbecue sauce or orange marmalade?
Yes, you can experiment with different types of barbecue sauce or orange marmalade to find the flavor that you like best.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to three months. Allow it to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. When you’re ready to eat it, thaw it in the fridge overnight and reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
The recipe as written is not gluten-free because of the soy sauce. However, you can use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari to make it gluten-free.
Can I make this recipe in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make this recipe in an air fryer by placing the chicken in the air fryer basket and cooking it for about 10-12 minutes at 375°F. Be sure to flip the chicken halfway through the cooking time.
Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe, but you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. For best results, thaw the chicken before cooking.
Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Yes, you can add vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, or broccoli to this recipe. Simply sauté the vegetables in a separate pan and add them to the chicken and sauce mixture once they are fully cooked.
Can I make this recipe without a slow cooker or Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make this recipe without a slow cooker or Instant Pot by cooking the chicken and sauce in a baking dish in the oven. Cover the dish with foil and bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cool.